A character letter for court for a family member is a very significant letter that plays a huge role on a number of occasions. Here in the article, we shall shed some light on this character reference letter for the reference of our readers.
Character reference letters always have a critical yet very significant purpose to serve. The main purpose of this character reference letter is to assess the character of any person by the eyes of someone else who knows the concerned person.
Character reference letter for family member for court
Well, the character reference letter for court for a family member is the kind of letter that is written by the family of the concerned person. It’s generally written in the court case when the jury seeks the character assessment of the person from the family’s point of view.
For instance when the person has committed any crime against the plaintiff then as the defendant the court may ask the family to provide for the character reference letter. You can see the relevance of character reference letters in almost all the courts of the USA. It plays a huge role in the character assessment of the decedent and coming to the final verdict of the case.
How to write a character reference letter for court for a family member?
We have just discussed the relevance of the character reference letter for court for a family member. Now here we will discuss the ways that how you can write this letter for your own family member.
- Start the letter with the main title at the top as the character reference letter for the person concerned.
- Next, write your name at the top left side of the letter as the address.
- You can write the addressee title next to your own name and address.
- Now simply write the subject matter of the letter.
- Start the main body of the letter by defining the purpose of the letter.
- Mention what is your connection with the defendant in the letter and how do you know the defendant.
- Now simply state the character assessment of the person as per your own view.
- You can also narrate some occasions as a reference to prove the character of the person.
- Keep the letter precise and to the point of the main subject.
- At last end the letter with your final conclusion and regards to the jury.
Sample Character Letter for Court for a Family Member
Our readers can here check out the sample of the character reference letter for court for the family member. It will help them in drafting the full-fledged character reference letter for any of their family member.
I’m writing this character reference letter for my brother Tom Harley who currently stands accused in the murder case of his office colleague. I was planning to write this letter even before the court had asked me yet I feel thankful for the consideration of this character reference letter. I have basically grown up with my brother as we both are almost the same age. During this period of our upbringing, we have never committed even a minor kind of crime within our home or across society.
This news of murder crime against my brother came just like a bolt of blue to me. At first, I couldn’t believe my senses that my brother would ever get into something like this. With this character reference letter, I would like to define the innocent character of my brother. I strongly believe he has been trapped in this whole scenario. I urge the court to please kindly look into the matter with all possible close angles. My brother deserves a chance to prove his innocence and we can file our testimony to stand by my brother.
I believe my character reference letter for my brother would be given due consideration in the next hearing of the court.
Thanks & regards
Character Letter for Court for a Family Member in PDF and Word