A character reference letter to Judge is basically a letter which is written for a concerned person by some other person, who is known of the concerned person. In this letter format to a judge, the other person writes his/her opinion and the observations about the character of the concerned person which are used in some legal matters.
- Sample Letter to Judge from Mother
- Sample Character Letter to Judge Before Sentencing Template
- Character Reference Letter for Court Examples
A character reference letter to judge is a pure legal letter in nature, which is often required by the court or the judge in the legal proceedings against an accused who might be going through the trials or the penalty under the court of law.
The purpose of the letter is to assess the character of any person for whom the character reference letter has been asked by the judge so that a legal decision can be taken for the person upon the consideration of the character reference letter.
This letter has to be written by some other person for the concerned person who might be a close friend, relative or the neighbour of that person. As these people are the ones who are aware of the character of the concerned person. Thus are able to provide some relative character reference about the person concerned in the letter.
Well, here in this article we are going to talk about the character reference letter to Judge along with its several aspects and with a guide, which will lead you to writing a character letter to a judge letter in a best possible manner for a letter to judge for leniency.
Format of Character Reference Letter To Judge
It’s a well-known fact that the presentation of any legal character letter for judge makes a huge impact upon the mind of the reader thus you must make a reasonable presentation.
In the character reference letter the format of the letter to judge template is what we actually mean by the presentation. Since it’s a legal letter, therefore, it must be presented in a similar manner.
Here we are adding some tips which you should keep in your consideration while drafting the format of the character reference letter.
You should first keep in your mind about the content of this letter, which is going to contain in itself and then should accordingly draft the format.
Generally, this letter contains the following content.
- An introduction about the author of the letter who is making the character reference for the other person.
- A simple and full overview that how the writer knows the other person for whom the character reference is being provided.
- Listing all the positive characteristics of the other person in a qualitative manner with some added situational example.
- A proper general recommendation for the concerned person upon the conclusion of the character of that person.
- Contact details of the writer of the letter so that the writer can be contacted in the future regards.
You should divide the format of this letter in accordance with the above-mentioned content of the letter and keep it short, clean and effective.
How To Write a Character Reference Letter To Judge
Well, writing the character reference letter to a Judge in the context of legal proceedings is not something written very often by any person. Since it requires the full credibility of the words in the best formal and respectful manner.
Here in this section, we are going to guide you how to write a character letter to a judge in the best possible manner.
- You need to make a formal opening of the character letter to judge with the words addressing “The Presiding Judge” or “Presiding Magistrate”
- Next in the salutation of the letter address the judge with respectful words like” Your Honour”
- Now start the opening part of the letter where first of all you should introduce yourself to the Judge in a way that it can make clear your connection with the person for whom the character reference is being given.
- Now state in the letter that how and how long you have known the other concerned person.
- Next, provide the characteristics of the character of the concerned person using the words which make an impact.
- Do not give the character reference in the typical form such as Charlie is a very hardworking. A honest and a generous person rather use the set of words which can bring the other person to live in the view of the judge.
Sample Character Reference Letter To A Judge Example
If you are looking forward to the sample example of this letter, then we are going to attach a formal example of this letter for your consideration.
It will help you in drafting your own letter in an easy and ineffective manner.
It was a hypothetical example of how the character reference letter to a judge in court should be drafted and we believe that the example would help you to some extent in drafting your own letter.
Character Letter Template To Judge in PDF & Word Format
You should give the character reference about the person in accordance with the trails imposed on the person so that the character of the person can be considered accordingly. If it is a critical proceeding then you can define the character of the person in a way. Which can depict that how responsible and the generous the person is towards the social well being and for his/her own high morals and principles.